fix iPhone/iPad/iPod from DFU mode, recovery mode, Apple logo, headphone mode, etc. to normal state without data loss.
Backup and restore iPhone/iPad/iPod without data loss.
Transfer your data from iPhone to computer easily.
- Voice Memo
- App Data
- Call Logs
- Stuck in Recovery Mode
- Black Screen
- White Screen
- Red Screen
- Blue Screen
- HeadPhone Mode
- Stuck on Apple Logo
- DFU Mode
- A Frozen iPhone
- Stuck in Boot Loop
- Unlock Failure
What You Can Do to Fix iPhone/iPad Update Stuck without Losing Data
Many people reported the problem that iPhone or iPad stuck on the update screen while updating to iOS 13/12.4. The iOS device just freezes after or during iOS update for hours. What you can do to fix a stuck iOS software update? Is it possible to get back your lost data after updating? You can get the one-stop solution to get rid of iOS update stuck problems here.
FoneLab enables you to fix iPhone/iPad/iPod from DFU mode, recovery mode, Apple logo, headphone mode, etc. to normal state without data loss.
- Fix disabled iOS system problems.
- Extract data from disabled iOS devices without data loss.
- It is safe and easy to use.
Part 1: Why iPhone Update Stuck
There are many scenarios that iPhone or iPad stuck on update screen. You can see the Apple logo with progress bar stuck on the display screen. Sometimes you can see some notifications on your iPhone or iPad’s screen.
- Stuck on Attempting Data Recovery.
- Stuck on Download and Install.
- Stuck on Unable to Verify Update.
- Stuck on Update Requested.
- Stuck on verifying update screen.
Is there any explanation about iPhone or iPad update stuck? Well, the poor network connection, shortage of memory space, overloaded Apple server and many other factors are accounted for iPhone stuck on Apple logo during the update. To fix iOS 13 update stuck, you can do as the following paragraphs show.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Update Stuck
Generally speaking, a normal iPhone update takes about 30 minutes. If your iPhone stuck on the Apple logo or progress bar for hours, you need to take measures to unfreeze your iPhone software update. These are proven ways to fix iOS update stuck. You can troubleshoot a stuck iPhone update screen with those solutions one by one.
1. Reboot iPhone
You can restart your iOS device to fix small glitches and errors. Rebooting iPhone is one of the most effective iPhone troubleshooting ways. When your iPhone stuck on verifying or checking for update screen, you can force restart iPhone first.
Just press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. You can see the screen turned off and on. Do not release the two buttons until you see the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and newer models, you can keep pressing Sleep and Volume Down buttons for 10 seconds to reboot iPhone instead.
2. Reset iPhone on Settings
The network issue can cause iPhone stuck on update screen too. If nothing happens after you perform a hard reset, you can reset network settings to have another check.
Step 1Open the Settings app. Choose General from the iOS Settings list.
Step 2Scroll down and tap Reset.
Step 3Choose Reset Network Settings. (Your iOS data will not be deleted.)
Step 4Enter the password twice to confirm.
Step 5All the network settings will be erased to the factory status.
3. Restore iPhone with iTunes
iTunes is more than a media player and library. You can also update with iTunes to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo or progress bar. If your iPhone stuck on checking for update for hours, you can update iPhone to the latest iOS version with iTunes as an alternative.
Step 1Update iTunes to the latest version.
Step 2Plug iPhone into the computer with a lightning USB cable.
Step 3Once your iPhone is detected by the computer, you can go to the Summary page.
Step 4Click Back Up Now under Manually Back Up and Restore to create a backup if necessary.
Step 5Click Restore iPhone to fix iPhone stuck on verifying update.
Note: You can put iPhone in recovery mode to fix iPhone update stuck. Just press the Home button when you connect iPhone to iTunes. When you release the button, you will be notified with a popping-up message saying your iPhone is in recovery mode.
4. iOS System Recovery
If the above methods are useless, you can use the ultimate iOS system recovery software to fix iPhone update problems. It is FoneLab iOS System Recovery that can help you fix iPhone to the normal state without data loss. No matter why your iPhone is disabled or frozen, you can recover the iOS system and put everything in order. All your iOS data and settings will be in the original state. Thus, there is no need to worry whether the program will erase your files.
- Fix iPhone from Apple logo, keeping restarting, recovery mode, blue/black/white screen, frozen and other disabled issues.
- Safe and easy to use to avoid data loss.
- Support iOS 13 and earlier versions, including all models of iPad Pro/Air/mini, iPhone 11 Pro Mac/11 Pro/11/XS/XS Max/XR/X/8 Plus/8, etc.
- Work with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP and Mac OS X 10.7 or above.
Step 1Launch FoneLab iOS System Recovery. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable. Choose iOS System Recovery in the window. Then click Start to access the iOS system troubleshooting tools.
Step 2Choose Standard Mode or Advanced Mode based on your need. Later, click Confirm to move on.
Step 3The information of your iPhone or iPad will display in the main interface. Click Optimize to start fixing iOS update problems.
Step 4In the Advanced Mode. you can check the firmware information, including device category, device type, device model and iOS update version. You can also set to update to the latest iOS version (optional). Later, click Repair to finish the process.
Part 3. Avoid iPhone Freezing during iOS Update
If you don’t want to stuck on verifying update or checking for update screen anymore, you can use some small tips to reduce the possibility. By the way, you can also take the following tips when you restore or erase iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to a power source or make sure your iPhone is fully charged. The iPhone updating, upgrading or erasing process may take much time due to the large file size. If your iPhone runs out of power, you may be stuck on the update.
- Press any button on your iPhone to see if your iPhone update is stuck. If you can still see the updating message, then the iOS software update is still in progress.
- Leave your device connected to the computer. Wait until the process finishes. Later, you can disconnect iPhone from the computer.
Part 4: How to Recover iPhone Data If You Lost Them after Updating
What if you cannot find the certain file after updating without knowing why? During this time, you can run FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted or lost data from iOS device, iTunes backup or iCloud backup selectively. If you have backed up iPhone with iTunes or iCloud before, you can get more customizable options to recover iOS data. Even though you have no available backup file, you can still recover iPhone/iPad/iPod data directly from device stuck, system problem, factory reset and other similar scenarios.
- The recoverable file types include contacts, messages, notes, photos, videos, WhatsApp messages, etc.
- Recover iPhone/iPad/iPod files directly without backup files.
- Preview and select which file to recover from your iTunes or iCloud backup file.
- Recover iOS data without replacing the existing data.
With FoneLab for iOS, you will recover the lost/deleted iPhone data including photos, contacts, videos, files, WhatsApp, Kik, Snapchat, WeChat and more data from your iCloud or iTunes backup or device.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp, and more data with ease.
- Preview data before recovery.
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are available.
Don’t worry if your iPhone stuck on update requested or other pages. You can use the above methods to fix iPhone update stuck problems effectively. By the way, you can protect your iOS data from data overwritten and other unexpected issues. Do you have any other problems while updating iPhone or iPad? Can you solve iPhone update never complete with those solutions? You can feel free to share your experience while installing iOS 13 updates in the comments below.