Recover the lost/deleted data from computer, hard drive, flash drive, memory card, digital camera and more.
SD Card Partition Recovery – How to Recover and Repair SD Card Partition
SD card should be the most important data storage media for digital camera, mobile phone, and console. It is true that SD card is convenient to transfer data or increase internal storage.
However, SD card issues always happen. For instance, the partition on SD card gets missing or your SD card shows incorrect storage capacity. It is important to know the method to recover and repair SD card partition.
What should you do if you cannot access SD card partition after connecting it to computer or mobile phone? Sometimes, a message may pop up and say SD card partition is corrupted. Formatting is the easiest way to get back access, but you will lose all the pictures and videos of the camcorder.
Is there any possibility to repair MicroSD card partition and restore files from SD card? Do you have the requirement to make SD card partition recovery?
Please follow the guide below.
1. How to Recover Data from Partition SD Card
Different from the other SD card partition recovery, FoneLab Data Recovery is able to retrieve photos and videos in formats for camcorder or Android devices. Whether you are using the standard SD card, MicroSD card, and mini SD card, the program is able to retrieve all the files with ease.
- Restore lost data from various SD cards that have partition issues.
- Support photos, videos, audio, documents, emails, and more.
- Integrate both Quick Scan and Deep Scan modes.
- Preview lost files before selective recovery.
- Recover files from SD card partition in a single click.
FoneLab Data Retriever - recover the lost/deleted data from computer, hard drive, flash drive, memory card, digital camera and more.
- Recover photos, videos, documents and more data with ease.
- Preview data before recovery.
How to recover lost or deleted data from SD card
Step 1 Get the SD card partition recovery
Data Retriever has two versions, one for Windows and the other for Mac OS. After that you can connect the SD card to the computer. You can insert the SD card into your computer directly or through a card reader. Then start Data Retriever from your desktop.
Step 2 Scan lost data on SD card has partition issues
There are three sections in the home interface. Tick the checkbox next to Image, if you want to recover photos from your SD card. To retrieve all data, check all data types. Then move to the Removable Drives area and select the name of your SD card. Click on the Scan button to perform a standard scan.
|Photo||JPG, TIFF/TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, CRW, CR2, NEF, ORF, RAF, SR2, MRW, DCR , WMF, DNG, ERF, RAW, etc|
|Video||AVI, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MPG, RM/RMVB, etc|
|Audio||AIF/AIFF, M4A, MP3, WAV, WMA, MID/MIDI, OGG, AAC, etc|
Step 3 Recover data from SD card partition
When it is done, you can and preview the lost data that you want to recover. The Filter feature on top of the window allows users to search for files according to file extension, size, and more. Finally, check the desired files and hit the Recover button. A few minutes later, you can access your files as usual.
Note: If you cannot find the desired files in Quick Scan result, switch to the Deep Scan mode, which is able to recover more data.
2. Tips for Using SD Card Partition Recovery
There are many unpredicted factors can cause data loss, Micro SD card partition repair is a necessary skill. Here are some caused that you have to use the SD card partition recovery.
- Viruses and malware. We use SD card here and there to transfer data. That makes your SD card the target of viruses and malware attack. In result, your files saved on the SD card will be deleted or stolen.
- SD card malfunction. Improper use of SD card could cause some faults. Then your SD card partition may miss and you may lose all data.
- Power outages. When using an SD card on PC or other devices, suddenly power-off or unplugging may lead to filesystem corruption.
- Hardware issues, such as liquid damage.
Professional SD card partition recovery has the capacity to retrieve all or a part of data from SD card. To prevent from further data loss, there are some tips related to SD card partition recovery.
- Do not use the SD card once you discover that the partition is missing. Before the lost data is overwritten, there are chances to get it back. But if you keep using the SD card, your files may be erased permanently.
- Seek the right way to repair your SD card partition. In most cases, software issues are responsible for data loss on SD card. So, you should select effective SD card recovery software, such as Data Retriever. It is able to increase the possibility of SD card partition recovery.
- Format the SD card after recovery. When something wrong on an SD card partition, you may be asked to format it repeatedly. Do not format it before data recovery. If you format your SD card, it becomes more difficult to recover the lost data.
Bear in mind that the SD card is a good way to store data temporarily but not a reliable storage medium. So, we suggest you back up your files stored on your SD card frequently.
Based on the guide above, you should get the best way of SD card partition recovery, FoneLab Data Retriever. It is not only easy to use, but also able to get more data than other data recovery tools, according to our research. And if you follow our step-by-step tutorial, you can get back your data as much as possible. On the other hand, we also shared some tips to help you enhance the chances of data recovery. Anyway, if you have other questions related to SD card partition, welcome to leave your message below this post.