Recover the lost/deleted data from computer, hard drive, flash drive, memory card, digital camera and more.
3 Workable Ways to Recover Deleted Files from a USB Flash Drive
By using a USB flash drive or pen drive, you can save and transfer files among different computers. Moreover, you can back up files with USB flash drives too. Sadly, you may need to recover deleted files from a USB flash drive due to various reasons.
- Delete a file from a USB flash drive by mistake.
- Format the flash drive accidentally.
- The flash drive file system turns RAW, which makes some data inaccessible.
- Disconnect your flash drive during file transfer.
- Fragmented partition structure.
Fortunately, you can get easy ways to recover a deleted folder or certain files from your USB flash drive. Just read and follow.
1. 2 Ways to Recover Deleted Files from a Flash Drive without Software on Windows 10/8.1/8/7
What happens when you delete a file from a USB flash drive? Actually, your deleted file still exists in the same place until you save new files. Thus, if you want to recover deleted files from a USB flash drive successfully, you had better stop using that flash drive immediately before the recovery.
How to Recover Deleted Files from a USB Flash Drive Using Command Prompt
Step 1Plug your USB flash drive into PC.
Step 2Press Windows and R keys together to open the Run window.
Step 3Type CMD in the blank. Then press the Enter key to run the Command Prompt window.
Step 4Recover deleted files from a flash drive using CMD.
- Type chkdsk H: /f, and then press the Enter key. (You can replace H: with your flash drive name.)
- Type Y and press Enter.
- Type H (or the USB flash drive letter) and press Enter.
- Type H:>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* (Replace H: with the drive letter of your USB flash drive.)and press Enter.
- Wait for a while until the deleted USB drive data recovery process ends.
How to Retrieve Deleted Files from a USB Drive by Restoring a Previous Version
Step 1Connect your USB flash drive to the Windows computer.
Step 2Find the folder that contains your deleted files. Choose Properties from its right-click menu.
Step 3Locate the Previous Versions section. You can see Previous versions come from File History or from restore points or similar notifications.
Step 4Choose the most relevant file edition from various choices.
Step 5Click Restore to recover deleted files from flash drive without software.
2. The Ultimate Way to Recover Deleted Files from a USB Drive for Free with Software on Windows and Mac
If above two deleted USB drive data recovery methods are useless, you can turn to FoneLab Data Retriever for help. The data recovery software allows users to recover deleted photos, videos, audios, emails, documents and other files from your USB flash drive of most popular brands. With the wide support of recoverable data and formats, you can recover deleted files from a USB flash drive without the incompatibility issue.
Main Features of the USB Data Recovery Software
- Recover deleted data from your USB flash drive, memory card, hard drive, digital camera camcorder, Windows & Mac (Recycle Bin included), etc.
- Support various recoverable file types and formats.
- Work in all kinds of data loss situations.
- Detect your deleted files via quick scan or deep scan mode.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.7 and above.
How to Recover Deleted Files from a USB Flash Drive Safely
FoneLab Data Retriever - recover the lost/deleted data from computer, hard drive, flash drive, memory card, digital camera and more.
- Recover photos, videos, documents and more data with ease.
- Preview data before recovery.
Step 1Free download, install and run USB data recovery software.
Step 2lug your USB flash drive into the computer.
Step 3Choose the file type and recoverable drive you want to recover.
Step 4Click Scan to start scanning the selected partitions quickly.
Step 5Open a folder in the left panel. Select and preview any file with the detailed information.
Step 6After choosing the deleted files, you can click Recover to retrieve deleted files from a USB drive.
- You can choose Deep Scan and find and recover hidden files from USB flash drive successfully.
- To find your deleted file quickly, you can use the Filter feature. Type the name or path in the blank next to Filter. Later, you can specialize and set filter info in the popup window manually.
In conclusion, you can recover deleted files from a USB flash drive through above 3 methods. If you have some really important files, you need to backup files with iCloud, Google Drive and other cloud storage services.