Recover the lost/deleted data from computer, hard drive, flash drive, memory card, digital camera and more.
[ Ease ] How to Recover And Repair Corrupt Word File
Some of these files that you create with Word can be extremely important and losing them can be really frustrating. We can try the first few steps to fix or repair corrupt word file.
- If you want to know about the contents of the corrupt system file, you can refer to repair corrupt file of system.
- About the method of corrupt video repair, you can refer to repair corrupt videos.
- Want to know how to recover more other file types, you can refer to Windows data recovery.
1. Use the Open And Repair Function to Repair Corrupt Word Files
Sometimes a file can be corrupt in such a way that Word, Excel, or PowerPoint can't open it normally. But all is not lost. Some corrupted word files can be fixed by the word's own open and repair function.
The Open and Repair command might be able to recover your file.
Step 1Open Word, click File > Open, and then go to the location or folder where the document (Word) is stored. Don't try to open the file from the Recent section as this won't go into the Open dialog box.
Note: Word 2007 doesn't have a File tab. Instead, go to the Office button, and then click Open.
Step 2Select the file you want, and then click the arrow next to open, and click open and repair.
2. Fix Corrupt Word Files by Changing Word File Format
If the above method is not successful, then you can try the following method, this method can also be used as an emergency rescue solution for corrupt word file repair. Here are the steps:
Step 1Open Word and click on the file menu on the ribbon.
Step 2Click on Open then select the corrupt Word file and then click on Open.
Step 3To save the document in another file format
- Click on the File menu and then click on Save As option.
- In Word ,select Other Formats. Then click on the Rich Text Format (*rtf) in the Save as File type list.
- After click on Save button, click on File menu and then click on Close.
Step 4To save the document back to the Word file as earlier.
- Click on the File menu and then click on Open.
- Next, highlight the document saved as Rich Text File and then click on Open.
- Click on the File menu in the ribbon and then click on Save As option.
- Under Save as type, click on Word Document.
- Rename the file and then click on Save.
Note: Changing the file format of the corrupt Word file is a straightforward procedure to gain accessibility, but if it doesn’t help much in resolving the problem, then you can choose to proceed further with another workaround steps mentioned in the upcoming sections.
3. Restoring Corrupt Word File Files by Fonelab Data Retriever
FoneLab Data Retriever has the ability to recover almost all deleted or lost corrupt Word file by scanning the storage device in which the documents lost.
It is able to restore corrupt Word file lost for manual deletion, system crash, non-responding, corruption, overwritten, etc.
FoneLab Data Retriever - recover the lost/deleted data from computer, hard drive, flash drive, memory card, digital camera and more.
- Recover photos, videos, documents and more data with ease.
- Preview data before recovery.
Let’s see how to use it.
Step 1Run This Software
Download, install and launch this data recovery software on your PC or Mac with the above links. If you want to restore from an external storage device, connect it to the computer.
On the main menu, choose the data you want to recover, here you should choose Document. Then select the hard drive in which you may find the lost corrupt Word file.
Step 2Scan Data
Clicking Scan button will start a quick scan on the selected disk drive. After finishing the scan process, all types of documents will be displayed in the window.
On this page, you can click Deep Scan to get more scanning results. Deep Scan will take more time to complete the whole scanning process, but it will offer you all possibility.
Step 3Recover Data
Look for your needed corrupt Word file. You can also use Filter feature to quickly locate the required corrupt Word file files.
Mark the items and click Recover. The selected corrupt Word file will be saved to your computer.
Moreover, FoneLab Data Retriever can recover data from memory card, flash drive, computer, digital camera, removable drive, and more storage media.
Download this software on your computer and be ready to timely save your data from the Reaper in case the data loss suddenly happen to you.