Best Ways to Record Voice on Mac (with QuickTime Player or Not)
Do you want to record your voice and system sound on a Mac computer? You can see many Mac voice recording software in the market, such as QuickTime Recorder, Audacity for Mac, etc.
Considering different demands of voice recording, this article will show you two representative Mac voice recorder programs.
Thus, you can record audio on Mac in different levels. It’s OK that if you have no experience of audio recording. You can learn how to record audio on Mac from Internet, or with offline programs or speakers step by step.
QuickTime Player is preinstalled on every Mac computer. Thus, you can record screen videos and audios on Mac with QuickTime Player for free. If you do not want to install any third-party app, you can trust QuickTime Recorder as a MacBook audio recorder.
Step 1Open the QuickTime Player in the Applications folder.
Step 2Choose New Audio Recording from the File list on the top.
Step 3Manage the voice recording preferences.
Extend the arrow next to the Record button. Select your input audio source under Microphone. Then set the voice recording quality as High or Maximum. Move the volume slider if necessary.
Step 4Choose the Record icon to record voice on MacBook Air, Pro and other products.
Step 5When you stop recording voice, choose Save from File menu. Your voice recording will be saved as a M4A file.
Note: You can trim the audio recording file within QuickTime Player.
Drawbacks of QuickTime Player:
- Need to install extra codes to QuickTime Player for playback.
- Cannot pause while recording audio on Mac.
- Support to record the desktop screen or webcam video with sound individually.
- If you want to record system sound on Mac, you should use a third-party screen recorder.
If you want to record voice segments instead of a long conversation, Mac FoneLab Screen Recorder should be your first choice. Just as the name shows, you can screen record on MacBook Air with sound, as well as MacBook Pro. As for recording audio on Mac, you can record system sound and microphone voice in high quality.
1. Main Features of the Mac Voice Recorder
- Record your favorite voice coming from microphone or computer without quality loss.
- Use hotkeys to control the whole video or audio recording.
- Capture live videos and webcam videos on Mac.
- Manage audio sample rate, video frame rate, bitrate and other preferences before recording.
2. Steps to Record Voice on Mac and Save as MP3 Format
Step 1Open the free audio recorder for Mac
Free download the voice recorder for Mac. Make sure you are running Mac OS X 10.6 or above versions. Launch the Mac voice recorder after the installation. You can activate the account with your email address and registration code.
Step 2Enable the voice recording function
Disable Webcam and Screen options. You can click on the second and third icon from left to right. When the ✓ icon turns ✕, it means you have disabled those two features. Later, set the input audio source and adjust its volume from the More menu under the Audio icon.
Step 3Start recording voice on Mac
Prepare materials you want to record first. Then you can choose the Record icon to record voice on Mac instantly. There are Pause/Resume and Stop icon in the main interface. Thus, you can record the target audio clips smartly. Be aware that the speaker needs to be close to the Mac computer.
Step 4Save or share the voice recording
When you choose the Stop icon, the audio recording file will be in the destination folder automatically. You can also access the recording history by clicking the icon on the top right corner. Later, you can share, preview, delete or find the selected file.
- Pause/resume voice recording.
- Export the voice recording as MP3 and other popular audio formats.
- Record screen videos with webcam and audio without lag.
- Use hotkeys to start, pause, resume, stop recording and capture screen.
- Add arrow, line, text, rectangle and other drsawing labels on your video or screenshot.
- Show mouse cursor and record mouse clicks for Mac screen recording.
- No time limit.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.6 or above.
The above items can be QuickTime Player disadvantages too. With so many powerful functions, it is easy to get the result that FoneLab Screen Recorder does a better job than QuickTime screen recording with audio.
In a word, FoneLab can be your best Mac voice recorder. Whenever you want to record a video or audio on your Mac computer, you can free download this screen recorder for Mac to have a try.
FoneLab Screen Recorder allows you to capture video, audio, online tutorial, etc on Windows/Mac, and you can easily customize size, edit the video or audio, and more.
- Record video, audio, webcam and take screenshots on Windows/Mac.
- Preview data before saving.
- It is safe and easy to use.