3 Methods on How to Retrieve Old Kik Messages on iPhone
What is Kik used for?
Some of us may have this question in mind. Kik Messenger is way more than just messaging. It’s the easiest way to connect with your friends, stay in the loop, and explore all through chat. No phone numbers required, just pick a username.
With it, you are able to choose who to chat with one-on-one and in groups; share images, videos, GIFS, games and more; meet new friends with similar interests.
This messaging app doesn’t encompass message storage and even automatically delete chat history after logging out. So it is not uncommon that you lose some Kik messages now and then.
You can try to send messages to your contacts to confirm if they still have the conversations you want, then they can send them or just take screenshots for you. If not, it is difficult to get them back.
But you can still get the photos on Kik, this tutorial will tell you three ways to recover Kik photos with or without backup. You just need a Kik recovery called FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery which can scan data from your iPhone, iTunes backup and iClould backup.
Now let’s begin.
1. Restore Kik Photos from iPhone Directly
Step 1Download and install the program with above link accordingly.
With FoneLab for iOS, you will recover the lost/deleted iPhone data including photos, contacts, videos, files, WhatsApp, Kik, Snapchat, WeChat and more data from your iCloud or iTunes backup or device.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp, and more data with ease.
- Preview data before recovery.
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are available.
Step 2 Once it is finished, it will launch automatically. Then connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable. The software will recognize the device in seconds.
Step 3 After your iPhone is connected successfully, select a recovery mode, click on iPhone Data Recovery - Recover from iOS Device > Kik or Kik Attachments and then click Start Scan.
Step 4 After the scanning, all contents will be displayed in groups here. You are allowed to preview each file. Select Kik or Kik Attachments from the sidebar. Choose those items you want to recover and then click Recover to save them to your computer.
2. Retrieve from iTunes Backup
If you have backed up the Kik messages to iTunes or iCloud, you can recover them from the backup files. But please note that do not sync your iPhone with iTunes after suffering from data loss due to iTunes will update data which will lead to your previous data being overwritten.
Step 1 Launch iPhone data recovery and choose Recover from iTunes Backup File > Kik or Kik Attachments.
Step 2 Select an iTunes backup file from the list to start scanning.
Step 3Once it is done, preview files and recover.
3. Recover from iCloud Backup
Step 1 Select Recover from iCloud Backup File in the beginning and sign in to your iCloud account.
Step 2 Download one of the backup file to scan.
Step 3 Preview before recovery.
4. The Reasons Why Choose FoneLab
- The software can retrieve your deleted or lost files while keeping current ones intact.
- You are able to selectively restore or export Kik messages, photos, SMS, app photos, videos, notes, reminders, call history, contacts, etc from iPhone, iPad or iPod and backup file.
- Save iMessages to computer and print it out as you want.
- Allow you to preview items from backup file before restoring.
- This software fully supports iOS 12 and iTunes 12.9.
Except for messages, you can also recover Kik photos with the software. Why not get it on your computer and have a try?