How to Restore iPhone without Updating Software [2021 Updated]
How to restore jailbroken iPhone without updating to iOS 12? iTunes said it would restore and update to the latest software, but I don’t want iOS 12. Is there any option to restore the phone to my most recent backup on iTunes since I’ve got too many files, messages and photos in my phone. Please help, thanks!
Do you need to proceed with a restore without upgrading to the latest version of iOS on your iPhone? As we all know, the normal restore procedures for iPhone will download the latest software to your device automatically through iTunes.
If your iPhone is jailbroken, then you will lose your jailbreak after the software update.
In this case you will need an iPhone data recovery app to help you restore iPhone without software update.
Here in this post, we will show you how to restore iPhone without updating.
1. How to Restore Non-Jailbroken iPhone without Updating
If your iPhone isn’t jailbroken, you can restore it by factory reset iPhone. To do this, you should better backup your device with iTunes in advance. After that follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings – iCloud – General – Reset – Erase All Content and Settings. Then your iPhone will begin the reset process which may take a little while to complete.
- Once the process is done, you will get the Slide to set up message from the iPhone screen. Don’t do that, connect your iPhone to your computer that is running iTunes instead.
- If you are asked to download carrier updates, just click Download and Update, but if you are asked to upgrade to a newer iOS version, Just cancel it.
- You will be prompted to restore your device on iTunes then. Choose the backup you just made and wait for the restore process to finish.
- Disconnect your iPhone immediately right after the restore is done to prevent iTunes from beginning downloading the latest version of iOS to your device automatically.
You can also learn more details about iOS 12.
2. How to Restore Jailbroken iPhone without iTunes
If your iPhone is jailbroken, FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery can assist you to restore jailbroken iPhone without data loss or updating software. You will have three recovery modes provided by the program.
Recover from iOS Device
Step 1Download and install the software on your computer with the above link accordingly. The software will launch automatically once the process completes. Then connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable.
With FoneLab for iOS, you will recover the lost/deleted iPhone data including photos, contacts, videos, files, WhatsApp, Kik, Snapchat, WeChat and more data from your iCloud or iTunes backup or device.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp, and more data with ease.
- Preview data before recovery.
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are available.
Step 2 After the software recognizes your device, choose Recover from iOS Device on the FoneLab interface and click Start Scan.
Step 3 The scanning result will display on the left column, you can preview whatever contents you like and choose the items you want to get back. Click Recover to save them on your computer.
Recover from iTunes/iCloud Backup File
Step 1 Select Recover from iTunes Backup File then you will get multiple backup files if you have created. Select one backup file from the list and click Start Scan.
Step 2 Preview contents in details. Then check the items that you need to backup or recover and click Recover.
If you choose Recover from iCloud Backup File, you need to sign in iCloud account with Apple ID and password.
Besides it works for all Apple models like iPhone, iPad and iPod. Both Windows and Mac versions are available. If you like this software, please share it with your friends and family.