Recover your data from iPhone to computer easily.
What You Can Do When Video Not Working on iPad
My iPad has suddenly stopped playing videos, how to fix this problem and let my iPad work normally?” If you encounter the same problem, you are not alone.
We will share 6 solutions to help you get rid of video not working on iPad quickly.
1. Why Videos Won't Play on My iPad
There are a lot of reasons that videos do not play on iPad. The common reasons include:
- Insufficient storage space. Playing videos requires much memory space. If your iPad has accumulated too much junk files and cache data, iPad will not play videos.
- Incompatible video format. Currently, iPad works with H.264, MP4, M4V, MOV, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG. If you transfer a video from PC to iPad and it does not play, the incompatible format may be responsible.
- Apple servers are down. Some people reported that videos stored in iCloud cannot play on iPad. That is partly because Apple servers have been down and cannot receive your request.
- Poor network connection. When YouTube video not working on iPad, the poor network connection may be the cause, especially the cellular data.
- Conflict apps. Some apps could be interfering with your video, which causes you cannot enjoy the video on your iPad.
- Outdated software or video player. Outdated iOS can lead to a variety of problems, including videos not working on iPad. Moreover, you’d better always update your video apps, like YouTube, on iPad.
2. 6 Solutions to Fix Video not Working on iPad
Here are several solutions that will get your iPad playing videos again in no time.
Solution 1: Check Your Network and Apple Servers
When videos stored in iCloud stop working on your iPad, the first thing you should do is to check the status of Apple servers on Apple’s system status page. If it works well, perform the steps below to fix the problem.
Step 1Using cellular data? Switch to a Wi-Fi network.
Step 2Open Settings app, tap on your name, and head to General > Reset.
Step 3Tap Reset Network Settings and enter your password.
Step 4Wait for your iPad to restart, and then reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
Solution 2: Update Software and Apps
If you are using the old version of iOS and videos not working on iPad, it is the time to update software.
Step 1Head to Settings > General > Software Update.
Step 2If there is an update available, tap Download and Install.
Step 3Enter your PIN passcode to get the latest iOS.
Step 4After your iPad restarts, go to your App Store, head to the Update tab to up your apps to date.
Solution 3: Convert Video Files
As mentioned previously, iPad only supports several video formats. There are a lot of desktop and online apps have the capacity to convert videos for iPad, such as Online Video Converter.
Step 1Visit https://device.online-convert.com/ipad-file-converter in your browser
Step 2Upload your video files and press Start conversion button to trigger the process.
Step 3When it finishes, download the videos and transfer them to your iPad.
Solution 4: Free up Space
The best way to free up iPad space is to uninstall unneeded apps from your iPad.
Step 1Deeply tap an app on your home screen until it switches to edit mode.
Step 2Touch the Delete icon on an app that you do not need anymore and tap Delete button again on the pop-up dialog.
Step 3Repeat step 2 to remove other unwanted apps and then check if the problem that my iPad won’t play videos disappears.
Solution 5: Force Restart iPad
Force restating is a piece of effective troubleshooting. It also helps you to fix iPad not playing videos.
How to Force Restart iPad with Face ID
Step 1Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
Step 2Press the Volume Down button and let it go quickly.
Step 3Next, press and hold the Power button until your iPad powers off and then the Apple logo appears.
How to Force Restart iPad with a Home Button
Hold down the Power button and the Home button together until your iPad turns off and reboots again. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons.
Solution 6: Fix Video Not Playing on iPad without Data Loss
If you have tried the solutions above but videos still not working on your iPad, you should use FoneLab iOS System Recovery.
- Fix videos not playing on iPad with one click.
- Repair iPad in DFU mode or Recovery mode.
- Protect your files on iPad without data loss.
- Support iPad Pro/mini/Air/6/5 and earlier.
In short, it is the best option to get rid of the problem that iPad is not playing videos.
How to Fix Video Not Playing on iPad
Step 1Connect iPad to iOS System Recovery
Download iOS System Recovery and install it on your computer. Next, plug your iPad in the computer with a USB cable. Launch the program to let it recognize your iOS device. Click the Start button to start fixing your iPad.
FoneLab enables you to fix iPhone/iPad/iPod from DFU mode, recovery mode, Apple logo, headphone mode, etc. to normal state without data loss.
- Fix disabled iOS system problems.
- Extract data from disabled iOS devices without data loss.
- It is safe and easy to use.
Step 2Repair iPad not playing video
Read the on-screen messages carefully and select Standard Mode or Advanced Mode based on your need. Press the Confirm button to move on. Then set the firmware information according to your iPad. If you are ready, click the Repair button to initiate the process.
After that, disconnect your iPad and watch your favorite video files again to see if the problem that video not working on iPad is fixed.
This tutorial tells you what you can do when iPad does not play videos due to various factors. Before you ask help to technical support or visit Apple stores, you can try to fix it on your own.
Moreover, FoneLab iOS System Recovery is an all-in-one solution available to everyone. It is easy to use and can fix various problems effectively.
If your iPad still not play videos, leave a message below.